Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Maeser 70




Coulsen Phillips, Jordan Carlson, Samwise Peregrin Dearden, and Brayden Lander….That about sums it up. Next entry. Haha, if only.

       What could I say that would sum up apartment 70? Well it was a good thing they lived in the basement. If I ever wanted to know if Jordan or Coulsen was home, I would just open my door and listen for some loud music or feel the vibration of the floor from Coulsen’s system. Speaking of Coulsen’s system, that brings me back to my first experience with these guys… It was early in the year and my first night of “Roving.” Im in the basement and the next thing I know Coulsen walks out the door with his lap top, followed by Jordan with his big sub, followed by another guy and his drum machine, and then another guy with a strobe light….I then thought to myself, “This is gonna be a fun year!” 15 minutes later, we had a sweet dance party going on! Now, apparently this was not allowed. I got scolded my a few other RA’s for letting this go on…But I wasn’t gonna stop this!!! This was too good! Until another returning RA came and told me I needed to stop it, but I made her do it because I wanted it to keep going. So that was a great kick off to the year thanks to apt. 70.
     

      Sam and Brayden rounded out the apartment very nicely. Brayden was more of the smooth cool cat who went by his own beat. At the beginning of the year he was out and about with all the guys, but as time went on we seemed to have lost him to a companionship with a lovely lady from Fugal… Now not to pass judgement… I myself found I ended up spending lots of time in Fugal hall myself (haha). So it was a worthy sacrifice on his part. Sam was always someone you could count on for some new knowledge about things that most people wouldn’t inquire about. Evidence enough by his 17 page paper on a musical group “Rasputin.” I don’t want to make fun of Sam, rather I would like to exonerate his passion and love for very unique things. That is what made Sam Sam. He was an avid climber, and a Lord of the Rings fanatic… he even got to be in a Tolkein class…now this was heaven for Sam. That would be like me getting into a History class on the Los Angeles Dodgers.


     
       Of all the people in the hall, it didn’t seem there was anyone who shared the affinity for such medial things as me and Jordan.  Be it, Betos, Dr. Pepper, or late night high jinks, it seemed that me and Jordan had a kinship for ridiculous things. Jordan also was very upset with me after his murder the first round of "Gadianton Robbers." I was accused of using my RA powers to my advantage... WHICH I DENY!!! I simply told them to quite down, and when i noticed the opportunity i had i took it! He ended up getting me back though. A full fledged mutiny was staged to kill me the next game... It took 12 guys to kill me, i guess thats just how good i am. But the cause of my downfall was a masterful plan from Jordan, some luck on his part from Kenny, and pride by me... haha. good times. 


Final note, apt 70 was good at making moldy things. Also.... a great contribution of the hall ping pong table was made by Jordan and Coulsen. The best 20 Bucks ever spent!!!! Honduras, Comayaguela


Mission calls from this hall - Brayden Lander - Honduras, Comayaguela.
                                          Sam Dearden - Chile, Santiago North
                                          Jordan Carlson - In the mail
                                          Coulsen Phillips - in the mail






3 comments:

  1. Jordan, if you want to tell the story of the killing or have other pics you can shoot it to me and ill add it to this post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Sam's paper about Rasputin, Rasputin is not a musical group, but he loved this song about Rasputin it is true. Too bad we never got to do one last dance party there.
    -Coulsen

    ReplyDelete